Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour
- 2 large jersey yams or regular (orange) sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T tapioca starch
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 t dried rosemary
- 1 T dried parsley
- 1 t garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Layer the sweet potatoes and onions in a medium-sized casserole dish.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the tapioca starch.
- Whisk in the coconut cream and chicken broth.
- Add herbs, garlic, salt, and pepper and simmer just until thickened.
- Pour over sweet potatoes and onions.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 15-30 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Broil the top for 1-2 minutes to brown a bit.